Wednesday, November 3, 2010

[NaNo] Day 3

Now that the fun's started and I'm writing every day on this tiny hatchling of an idea, I think I'm qualified to say OMFG what hell Bika why didn't you start earlier on your plot WHY? My book's run though so many phases by now that I'm tempted just to throw up my hands and label it paranormal post-apocalyptic action-adventure dystopian zombieland mystery thriller fiction and consider all my bases covered.

I'm at just under 4000 words at this moment (why yes, I'm writing a blog post instead of working on my novel, why do you ask?) and while it's going to be hard to hit the 50k mark by the end of the month, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do it as long as I keep pushing myself to write something every day. The best thing to come out of this so far is the absolute certainty that I can and will write books, even after NaNo is done. Maybe they won't be pretty, but they'll be mine.

I hope y'all are having fun with the flash fics. I enjoy seeing other people's work and all the supportive comments that go along with them! Once they run out, Hammy and I have a story arc about Libby and Fenniel that's just full of wtf-ery, and after that, perhaps there will be excerpts of NaNo writings (mine, certainly, and from others who want to share).

Now I'm going to go write what I'm supposed to write. 1000 words before bed, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment