Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ysani is home. Finally.

Ysani's back in town, after wrapping up this whole abduction story. Keilos ex Machina (thanks, Lin :P) got her home at the 11th hour and all that. Unfortunately, or interestingly, or both, Haydren the Bad Dude is still looking to get a little revenge on her. Or something. The guy ain't all right, and whatever secrets he may be hiding are mine to keep and yours to find out. Right now, we know he's in Northrend. And he's met up with Lamis of all people. Nothing good can come of this. Everything awesome can come of this. Stay tuned!

_____________________________________________________

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what, love?" Keilos stroked her hair sleepily, his arm tucked neatly under her head. He made a nice pillow.

"For putting you through all this. It makes me feel kinda sick knowing I could have prevented it if I'd just known to tell you, you know?"

He kissed her temple, gently. It made her shiver. "Ysani, you know what they say about hindsight."

"I--I know." She chewed on it a while longer anyway, her eyes open and thoughtful in the dark. Kei's body was warm against hers. "I just--"

"Hmm?" He was nodding off, his hand drifting from her hair down to her side where it traced the soft skin over her tailbone.

"I should tell you if something's not right."

"Mmhm."

"Kei?"

His eyes flickered open. "What is it, love?"

"I think I have to tell you something." She had his full attention now. He brought her in even closer, bundling her up under the blankets.

"You can tell me anything."

"I'm scared."

"Why?"

Tell him. "It's kind of a long story."

"So tell me. I'm not going anywhere." He paused, his mouth set in a firm line. She could see it in the low light that came in through the window. His arms closed even more tightly around her in a vaguely possessive gesture, which was somehow comforting. "And neither are you. All-night curfew, Fabrio's orders."

Ysani took a deep breath, then exhaled slowly. I love you. "I think we're in danger."

"Ayren." His body tensed against hers, and she could hear his teeth grit.

"No. Ayren made some mistakes--"

"Big mistakes."

"--some big mistakes," she acknowledged, "but he's not dangerous by himself." A few moments passed, and she thought maybe he'd fallen asleep after all. "Kei--?"

"Tell me." She talked about Haydren Sunsorrow until she had nothing more to tell. She was glad it didn't take long. The last thing she wanted was to be talking about it until dawn paled the curtains.

He lay there quietly for a long time. She listened to him breathe.

"I love you," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment