Friday, September 25, 2009

RL: I Rock, and Other Such Things

Just posting 'cause this morning was pretty fun compared to most. I woke Ethan up for school and while I waited for him to get dressed, I watched as much as I could stomach of the tail end of Saved by the Bell: Wedding in Las Vegas (hint: it wasn't very much). Then a commercial came on (thank god for commercials) advertising a weekend showing of the Wizard of Oz. Well! I turned off the TV and started singing "If I Only Had a Brain". I'm pretty sure Ethan's never seen the movie, but he sure did love the song. Probably because it reminded him of zombies, but I digress. Then we found out he was dangerously low on clean shirts. So I rummaged around in his dresser and found a black t-shirt we got this summer that has a stick figure playing guitar on the front with "I ROCK" printed on it in huge letters.

The scene in the car went something like this:

Me: I could while away the hours, conferrin' with the flowers, consultin' with the rain. With the thoughts I'd be thinkin' I could be another Lincoln--

Ethan, wearing ridiculous I ROCK shirt: IF I ONLY HAD A BRAAAAAIN!

So Ethan went to school giggling and I got a big hug and a kiss for my hammy rendition of the Scarecrow's song. And now I have coffee! It's gonna be a good day, I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment